My Lovely Followers

Tuesday 3 July 2018

Imagine Design Create Design Team Roses and Hearts Stencil Card with Distress Oxides and Gesso

Hi and Welcome Back!

Don't forget that the lovely Claire will be on Hochanda this Saturday with some lovely new products by Imagine Design Create - the shows are at 11am and 3pm!!!

Today I have a tutorial for a card I have made using the Roses Stencil, Butterflies and Hearts Stencil and Colour Splash Stamps by Imagine Design Create. I have also used my favourite Distress Oxides in Salty Ocean and Twisted Citron with white Gesso.


I started by creating the backgound using the oxides on an acrylic block, sprayed with water and smooshed onto the paper to create a fun background.


Smooshing involves pressing the block onto the paper so the colour smooshes together.
 

I repeated this across the page to create my basic background.
  

 I then used my Tonic Nuvo Aqua water brush to pick up oxide colours and paint through the stencil. Once dried I added black sketchy lines with a fine liner.


 I then used white gesso to paint in the white hearts through the stencil across the page.



 I stamped my sentiment and the fussy cut out the roses to put on with foam pads.


 I then attached the square to a blank card to finish.


The original blog post can be found here!


Thanks for stopping by,
Sarah x


P.S. check out my . . .
facebook page : Magenta Snowflake Designs
twitter : @sarahgleaves
pintrest : Sarah Bell

No comments: