My Lovely Followers

Friday 6 January 2017

Lemon Shortbread DT Card using Penguin Umbrella

Happy New Year To You All!
Not sure why this didn't post Tuesday but here it is . . .
Today I am sharing my Design Team card for Lemon Shortbread's new blog challenge #32.

For this Challenge I have used the super cute Penguin Umbrella digi stamp! I love this stamp, it's so versatile and adorable. I decided to go with a post-Christmas card and we certainly have had some rain!


I used Distress Inks for the background and around the image / saying (which I printed out using Photoshop to create). I added water splahes, white acrylic splats and glimmer mist to the background to try and create rain drops. Then punched out petals from my Fiskars punch for the large and small raindrops - using a little Distress Ink to give them depth. The rainbow is a Lawn Fawn die and I coloured the Penguin using Promakers, then fussy cut to layer to finish

Thanks for looking!

I have entered my card in the following challenges:
Daisy Chain Challenges: #4 Add some Sparkle - sparkle glimmer mist on background
Country View Challenges: Jan Anything Goes 
My time to craft: Something New 
Card Mania Challenges: Layer It

Sarah x

 P.S. check out my website :

7 comments:

Jean said...

Oh this is great, so cute and such vibrant colours. Would of never guessed the rain drops where actual petals.
Jean x

Unknown said...

Hi Sarah, what a fabulous card you have created, love that cute penguin and you colouring is fab. Wonderful background and very clever to use petals for raindrops. Thank you for sharing with us at A Day For Daisies and good luck in the draw. Jennifer DT member x

Sue said...

Oh this is so cute, and I love your rainbow! Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts and have a fab great week. Sue xx

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Beautiful creation! I love raindrops!


Thanks for playing at Card Mania Challenge.
Ileanaxx

Evelyn Walter said...

Such a cute card! I especially love the punched raindrops.
Thank you for joining in our challenge at Country View Challenges this month.
Evelyn xx

cohenna said...

Beautiful!! Thanks for joining us at My Time To Craft :)

Miss Emerald said...

Gorgeous card, very sweet image and amazing background. Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges. Good luck and hope you'll join us again.