My Lovely Followers

Thursday 24 May 2018

Design Team Decorated Fairy Door for Fiskarettes UK and Stix 2

Hello Everyone! 

Today I am sharing a collaborated project I created for the Fiskarettes UK and Stix2 partnership. There are some lovely prizes to be won over on the Fiskarettes UK and Stix2 Facebook pages!

 For my Project I decorated a Fairy Door (and my Daughter also had a go) using Fiskars Punches and Stix2 products.

 

I made the larger flowers using the Stix2 Melt and Mould 3D foam with the Flower Power Punch. I found the Pierce It Tool is fab for getting the foam out of the punch. I heat embossed these with gold and white embossing powder and finished by using the Stix2 Holtmelt Glue Gun and the Stix2 seed beads (gold mix) for the centre. 



 I then painted the wooden door in a pastel pink. Once dry I added a fine layer of Stix2 PVA glue and then the pastel purple paint. This is to give the paint a fine crackled effect. Before the paint had dried I added a sprinkle of fine Stix2 gold glitter.

Then I used a glitter glue stick I had in my stash with the Stix2 Holtmelt Glue Gun to create the side branches and adhere the glass window. 


 I added punched leaves to the melt and mould flowers. These are made using the Fiskars feather punch, where I re-inserted the feather and punched about halfway down to create a smaller leaf. I then brushed my Gold Nuvo Glitter Marker over the leaves to create veins.


I also added other Fiskars punched flowers using the cross stitch and daisy punches, putting gems and pearls in the centres with my trustly Stix2 Glue Pen, I like this pen as it's small enought to glue finer things with and dries clear! I finished by creating a banner, adhering with Stix2 Craft Foam Pads and adding flowers to this as well. I went around my banners with my
Gold Nuvo Glitter Marker to add some sparkle.


The above door is the one my Daughter decoarated. She is three so I think she did a fab job and we had so much fun - quality Mummy and Daughter time!!!

More inspiration can be found on the facebook Fiskarettes UK page and on Instagram!

Thanks for looking, 

Sarah x

P.S. check out my . . .
facebook page : Magenta Snowflake Designs
twitter : @sarahgleaves
pintrest : Sarah Bell



 

No comments: