My Lovely Followers

Friday 26 January 2018

Blooming Fabulous Guest Design Team Card for Imagine Design Create using Doddled Flowers Stamps

Hello Everyone!


Today I am sharing an inky card I have created using the beautiful Doodled Flowers Stamp Set, Circles and Squares Stencil by Imagine Design Create with Distress Inks and Oxides. 

You can view the original blog post here!






For this card I have also used:

6” x 6” Scalloped Card Blank

White Heavy Weight Card

Black Card


Blending Tool, Water filled brush


Distress Oxides: Broken China, Wilted Violet, Twisted Citron

Black Fine liner Pen, Masking Tape, Double Sided Tape





I started by masking the stencil to one corner of the card square and inking through with the purple ink along the card edges, gradually blending with the blues toward the centre of the card.





I then moved the stencil to the next corner lining up so the circles follow on and continue with the blending until the whole background is covered in circles.





I then take the purple ink around the edges blending softly toward the middle and lay out the flower, leaves and sentiment stamps I plan to use. I stamp the flowers and leaves down through the middle, stamp the sentiment in the corner and hand draw the black border.





I stamp the Oxide ink onto my acrylic block and use a water filled brush to pick up the ink and colour the stamped images. I love Oxides as lay on top of other inks and are really bold.




To finish I matt the card onto black card and adhere to a scalloped card blank.

I love playing around with ink and don’t always have a plan for the finished card. Sometimes I have clear ideas and then other times I see where the ink takes me, I love experimenting and am pleased with this finished card!







Thanks for stopping by,

Sarah x

P.S. check out my . . .
facebook page : Magenta Snowflake Designs
twitter : @sarahgleaves
pintrest : Sarah Bell

No comments: