My Lovely Followers

Friday 27 October 2017

Imagine Design Create Guest Design Team Stencilled Birthday Balloon Card – Balloon in the Clouds

Hi Everyone 

Today I am sharing another card I made with the cute Birthday Balloons Stencil. This card is another that came from thinking about balloons flying in the sky and it got me thinking about clouds. There is a fab cloud stencil in store but I haven’t got this one yet so I made my own stencil from punched cloud shapes! 
You can very the original post here!


I have also used: 

5” x 5” scalloped card blank 

White Cardstock: 300 gsm 

Distress Ink: Broken China 

Distress Oxides: Candied Apple, Black Soot  

Fiskars Cloud Punch 

Blending tool, Black Fine Liner 



To start I punched four clouds out and tapped them together. I then inked the top of the clouds, starting at the top of the card and working my way down, flipping the clouds and changing the angles to create the background. 


I love this technique and it creates such a lovely looking background. On top of this I inked the balloon in red and black to give a start contrast. 


I hand doodled a “happy birthday” and wiggly border line in black fine liner around the edges. I attached this to the scalloped card blank to finish.  

So many different looks can be created with this balloon stencil! I can’t wait to share more ideas with you all! 

For more ideas and inspiration from my fellow DT colleagues, please visit the Imagine Design Create website!

 
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed the tutorial,

Sarah x

P.S. check out my . . .
facebook page : Magenta Snowflake Designs
twitter : @sarahgleaves
pintrest : Sarah Bell

No comments: