My Lovely Followers

Friday 20 October 2017

Imagine Design Create Guest Design Team Stamped Retro Gamer Card – Game Over

Hi Everyone 


Today I am sharing a card I made with fun stamp set Retro Gamer. This set is so different and perfect for male gamer themed cards! I googled the colours and shapes for the classic Tetris game to try and create a sense of realism (as some gamers I know are very serious about details!) 
Check out the original Blog post here!




I have also used: 

White Cardstock: 300 gsm 

Distress Oxides: Candied Apple, Spiced Marmalade, Fossilized Amber, Twisted Citron, Salty Ocean, Faded Jeans and Wilted Violet 

VersafineBlack onyx, ruler, Black Fine Liner Pen, Black Cardstock and an acrylic block 

To start I used the ruler to draw a line along the bottom of the card (wide enough to stamp a 4 square block. I put a dot in the centre of this line and decided my game would be 5 blocks either side of the line. 




I then tested my blocks on scraps so I knew which shapes would be which colour and just played with the blocks building up the scene as I went along to just over halfway.  




I then put a border all around the edges, filled these in with 4 square blocks and stamped the blank ink in to create a pattern. I added the Game Over sentiment and finally added a line of blue blocks – as I recall the game goes fast at the end and the blocks stack up quick resulting in Game Over! To finish I matted onto black card and attached to a card blank.  


I enjoyed just playing with these stamps and hope this has inspired you to do the same! 

For more ideas and inspiration from my fellow DT colleagues, please visit the Imagine Design Create website!

 
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed the tutorial,

Sarah x

P.S. check out my . . .
facebook page : Magenta Snowflake Designs
twitter : @sarahgleaves
pintrest : Sarah Bell

No comments: