My Lovely Followers

Saturday 21 October 2017

For the Love of Stamps Design Team Galaxy Background Card using Starry Skies and Out of the World Stamps

Good Evening Everyone!

Today I am sharing a card I made using the Starry Skies stamps and mask from the October launch by For the Love of Stamps by Hunkydory. I also used the stamp set Out of this World for added space fun!



Products Used:  
Starry Skies Stamps and Mask, Out of this World Stamps
6” x 6” Card blank
Watercolour Card
Distress Oxides; Seedless Preserves, Wilted Violet, Salty Ocean, Black Soot, Frayed Burlap, Antique Linen, Faded Jeans
Versafine: Onyx Black, Versamark; Clear
Embossing Powder: Seafoam White
Folded Paper Strips to make Spring
Tape and Foam Pads


I began by heat embossing the mask edges using versamark clear ink and seafoam white embossing powder. I then created the galaxy background using Distress Oxides for a less intense but pretty background. I then stamped the Starry Skies stampes across the background and heat embossed in white again. To finish I stamped the rocket and space girl from the Out of this World set and fussy cut these out. I made my own springs by folding two thin strips of paper back and forth like I did as a kid. This gives the look of the girl and rocket floating in space :) To finish I added a banner sentiment.

 

Thanks for looking,

Sarah x

P.S. check out my . . .
facebook page : Magenta Snowflake Designs
twitter : @sarahgleaves
pintrest : Sarah Bell

No comments: