My Lovely Followers

Tuesday, 4 July 2017

Lemon Shortbread DT Journal Page using Girl on Swing - Challenge #45

Good Morning and Welcome!
Today I am sharing something a bit different for my Design Team make for Lemon Shortbread's new blog challenge #45. I have seen some beautiful journal pages around and wanted to have a go at my own. So here is my very first page! Somewhere where I can play with inks / stencils and colouring in the beautiful Digi Stamps from Lemon Shortbread.

For this Challenge I have used the really cute Girl on Swing digi stamp. This stamp is so beautiful, this girl reminds me of my daughter and perhaps myself when I was a child. I had so much fun creating the background for this page and colouring the girl too!



I started with a Tim Holtz mask and Distress Oxides, layering the colours and splashing some water. Then I used a For the Love of Stamps flower mask and The Crafter's Workshop diamond shape mask. I coloured the girl's hair and skin with Promarkers and her clothes with the Distress Oxides and a watercolour brush. I fussy cut her out and glued onto the page. Then I stamped some wording that seemed fitting and cut out, drawing borders around these and the page. To finish I added some sequins. Keeping it simple-ish for my first attempt at journalling :)

Thanks for looking!

I have entered my card in the following challenges:
Classic Design Team Open Challenge: Anything Goes

Sarah x

 P.S. check out my . . .
facebook page : Magenta Snowflake Designs
instagram : sarah_bell_magentasnowflake
twitter : @sarahgleaves
pintrest : Sarah Bell
website : www.magentasnowflake.com

4 comments:

  1. Sarah this is wonderful. Adore the orange and green.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty - that background is gorgeous. Thanks for commenting on my card. I thought I would let you know that your comment ended in my spam folder, and gmail made a comment it could not authenticate your address. Not sure what all that means, but I did want to mention that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Michelle DT Co-Owner/Admin for http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading each and every one of them x