My Lovely Followers

Friday 7 July 2017

Christmas Hedgehogs DT card for Little Claire Designs on Hochanda TODAY

Good Morning My Friends!
 
Time to grab a cuppa and get ready for Hochanda at 11am! The Little Claire Designs show today features lots of amazing new lovely Christmas stamps and a Christmas Stamp Box featuring 13 beautiful stamps including sentiments with papers and more!
Here is one of the cards I made for the show . . .
  

I have used a white Elegant Rectangle blank and Distress Oxides in Wilted Violet, Broken China and Faded Jeans. Directly onto the blank I used the Distress Tool to blend the inks from the edges over into the middle. Then I went to the kitchen and splashed water drops with my fingers over the card. I heat set this with my heat gun (I find using tissue to blot takes away too much colour). Then inked with edges again with the blending tool. I then used a heart mask (mine's a Stampin' Up one) and just inked in a few hearts, mixing the colours. To finish I stamped the sentiment along the edges to add more interest to the background. I put this to dry under a flat book to help flatten the card.


I stamped the hedgehogs on smooth white card, used Promarkers to colour the hedgehogs and the Distress Oxides as watercolours to colour the rest. I fussy cut this out ready to layer onto the card. I stamped the sentiment in black ink, then trimmed the sentiment and using the same method as above to blend. I then spritzed this with a spray bottle for a more subtle look. Then I stamped the sentiment with the purple Distress Oxide overtop for a shaded look. The envelop is one layer so I used lighter blending over this as a cute way of matching!

Thanks for looking and don't forget to tune in at 11am,
Sarah x

P.S. check out my . . .
facebook page : Magenta Snowflake Designs
twitter : @sarahgleaves
pintrest : Sarah Bell

2 comments:

thecraftycavalier said...

I LOVE this!!!!! Stunning. Love these colours for Christmas. I'm off to check to see whether I can afford those inks - they are truly scrumptious! Such a beautiful card. I have the show on record. Fabulous work :-) Hugs, Jayne xxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

very sweet and beautiful Sarah
Gr Karin