My Lovely Followers

Friday 29 September 2017

Guest Designer Project for Imagine Design Create - Christmas Star Gift Tags

Hi Everyone!
I’m super excited to be Guest Designing for Imagine Design Create.
Please check out my original blog post on the Imagine Design Create blog here!

Today I want to share with you some gift tags I have made using the lovely Nesting Stars A5 Stamp Set and Solid Star Stamp Set.


I have also used:
White Cardstock: 300 gsm
Distress Oxides: Candied Apple and Lucky Clover
Versafine: Black onyx and Black Fine Liner Pen 
Bakers Twine: Green and White
Acrylic Block and Water Spritzer
Scissors and Hole Punch

To start I stamped the largest star three times onto white cardstock.


Then I played about with stamping different designs inside the stars using the two different stamp sets. I cut around the star shapes leaving a thin border and punched a hole in the top ready for later.


I tapped my Distress Oxides onto an acrylic block and sprayed this with water.


Then I pressed different parts of the stars onto the ink picking up the two colours randomly all over the stars. I like to do this gently so I keep some of the white card showing through.


Once dry I turned the stars over and stamped the fun wording on the back and used a fine liner to crate a wavy border around the stars edges. 


To finish I add the bakers twine through the holes. I had a lot of fun playing with the stamps and inks!

For more ideas and inspiration from my fellow DT colleagues, please visit the Imagine Design Create website!

 
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed the tutorial,

Sarah x

P.S. check out my . . .
facebook page : Magenta Snowflake Designs
twitter : @sarahgleaves
pintrest : Sarah Bell

1 comment:

Bunny said...

Very creative and cute. [Bunny]